Have questions about our services or the way we do things here at Blue Ridge Exterior Cleaning? Check out some of the frequently asked questions we get below! Still have questions? Give us a call! Our staff will gladly answer any questions you have about our exterior cleaning services.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Exterior Cleaning Services
1. Why do I need to have my roof cleaned?
Most people have never heard of roof cleaning until they see black roof stains appear. The black stains are actually algae called Gloeocapsa Magma. At first, the algae is more of an eye sore than a problem for your roof. As time goes by it spreads, inviting lichen and moss to grow. This is where the damage comes from. Keeping your roof clean will add many more years of life to your shingles, not to mention the curb appeal.
2. Will the cleaning process damage my shingles?
The process we choose to use is the only process recommended by roof manufacturers and the Asphalt Roof Manufacturers Association. It is a low pressure chemical treatment about the same as garden hose pressure’ usually sprayed on from the gutter line with our roof cleaning products. Our low pressure roof cleaning equipment has less force than a heavy rain storm. Never let anyone use any equipment that is powered by a pressure washer to clean your roof. In some cases, pressure washer damage could void the warranty. There are many companies offering roof cleaning with franchise chemicals that require a pressure washer to complete the cleaning process.
3. Will the chemicals harm the vegetation around my home?
Yes they can harm the vegetation if the proper precautions are not taken. Our number one job is roof cleaning so we know what to do to protect your plants. We go to great lengths to see to it that nothing is damaged while we are cleaning your roof with our roof cleaning chemicals.
4. What happens to the run off from the mixture on the roof?
This is part of our on going concern for your vegetation and your property. We have a number of different ways to capture the small amount of run off that comes down the down spouts. When the job is complete we take the run off with us and do not discard it on your property.
5. Will you put your ladders directly on our gutters?
Our ladders will never touch your gutters. We use stand-offs on all the ladders. The legs sit on the roof keeping the ladders a few inches away from your gutters.
If you would like more information on our exterior cleaning services, please call 540-949-6277 or complete our online request form.
- 3 Reasons To Include Pressure Washing In Your Spring Cleaning Routine - When most people think of spring cleaning, they think of opening up their windows, airing out the stale air from the winter months, breaking out the lawnmower, and going through the house to see what can be gotten rid of or what needs to be moved to storage. However, there is one other task that many homeowners tend to forget about, but is every bit as important as all the others. Taking the time to make sure that the exterior of your home receives the same kind of care that the interior of your home gets is important, and there is no better cleaning option for the exterior of your home than a professional pressure washing. There are numerous surfaces on your home that can benefit from a professional pressure washing during spring cleaning, so to help you with the decision of whether or not this is something you should invest in, we have taken the time to put together this short list highlighting some of the benefits … Read More
- 3 Benefits To Keeping Your Gutters Well-Maintained - Your gutter system works in tandem with your roofing, and while it might only play a supporting role, that role is absolutely essential when it comes to protecting your home from water damage. To highlight the importance of ensuring that your home's gutters have the care they need to keep looking and functioning their best, we have taken the time to put together this short list highlighting some of the advantages of keeping your gutters well-maintained, from routine cleaning and debris clearing to investing in gutter brightening and filters …
Why Choose Us
When home and business owners in the Waynesboro area are looking for a pressure washing contractor they can trust to deliver an immaculate clean without damaging the surface or the finish of their home or business, they know to call in the pros at Blue Ridge Exterior Cleaning. For nearly ten years, we have been delivering unmatched pressure washing services to all of our local customers, and we look forward to being around to help them for many more. If you are looking for a professional pressure washing company who will tailor their services to fit your specific cleaning needs, there is no need to look any farther than the experts here at Blue Ridge Exterior Cleaning.