Exterior Cleaning FAQs
Do you have questions about our services and techniques at Blue Ridge Exterior Cleaning? Check out some of the frequently asked questions we get below! Still have questions? Give us a call! Our staff will gladly answer any questions you have about our services.
1. Why do I need to have my roof cleaned?
Most people have never heard of roof cleaning until they see black roof stains appear. The black stains are actually algae called Gloeocapsa Magma. At first, the algae is more of an eye sore than a problem for your roof. As time goes by it spreads, inviting lichen and moss to grow. This is where the damage comes from. Keeping your roof clean will add many more years of life to your shingles, not to mention the curb appeal.
2. Will the cleaning process damage my shingles?
The process we choose to use is the only process recommended by roof manufacturers and the Asphalt Roof Manufacturers Association. It is a low pressure chemical treatment about the same as garden hose pressure’ usually sprayed on from the gutter line with our roof cleaning products. Our low pressure roof cleaning equipment has less force than a heavy rain storm. Never let anyone use any equipment that is powered by a pressure washer to clean your roof. In some cases, pressure washer damage could void the warranty. There are many companies offering roof cleaning with franchise chemicals that require a pressure washer to complete the cleaning process.
3. Will the chemicals harm the vegetation around my home?
Yes they can harm the vegetation if the proper precautions are not taken. Our number one job is roof cleaning so we know what to do to protect your plants. We go to great lengths to see to it that nothing is damaged while we are cleaning your roof with our roof cleaning chemicals.
4. What happens to the run off from the mixture on the roof?
This is part of our on going concern for your vegetation and your property. We have a number of different ways to capture the small amount of run off that comes down the down spouts. When the job is complete we take the run off with us and do not discard it on your property.
5. Will you put your ladders directly on our gutters?
Our ladders will never touch your gutters. We use stand-offs on all the ladders. The legs sit on the roof keeping the ladders a few inches away from your gutters.
If you would like more information on our exterior cleaning services, please call 540-949-6277 or complete our online request form.
- 3 Important Reasons to Get Your Deck Pressure Washed - Here we are once again smack-dab in the middle of the warmer months. The weather's finally nice once more, and you can hardly keep yourself inside. Yes, now more than ever you'll be saying thanks for that beautiful deck in your backyard -- the perfect place to invite friends over for some summer fun. … Read More
- 3 Important Reasons To Start Your Spring Cleaning With Your Roof - With spring just a few short weeks away, many homeowners all over the country are gearing up and getting ready for spring cleaning. While there are certainly a number of things around your home that could use some attention after the beating the winter months inflicted, it might be in your best interest to put your roof at the top of your list of priorities. Your roof is easily one of the most important surfaces on the entirety of your home, and the winter months can be particularly harsh on it. For this reason, it is always a good idea to start your spring cleaning and improvement projects with your roof before you move on to anything else … Read More
Why Choose Us
When home and business owners in the Waynesboro area are looking for a pressure washing contractor they can trust to deliver an immaculate clean without damaging the surface or the finish of their home or business, they know to give us a call. For nearly ten years, we have been delivering unmatched pressure washing services to all of our local customers, and we look forward to being around to help them for many more. If you are looking for a professional pressure washing company who will tailor their services to fit your specific cleaning needs, there is no need to look any farther than the experts here at Blue Ridge Exterior Cleaning.